Love of a Lifetime Wedding Giveaway Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received.
ALL FORMS MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY AND TRUTHFULLY. FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION AND PROVIDE TRUTHFUL AND PERTINENT INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. DISQUALIFICATION IS IN THE SOLE DISCRETION OF WQAD News 8 AND/OR LOCAL TV, LLC.
WQAD will conduct the Love of a Lifetime Wedding Giveaway Contest (“Contest”) substantially as described in these Official Rules (“Rules”). Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Official Rules. This Contest may be temporarily postponed or discontinued at any time without prior notice. The Contest is void where prohibited and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
This Contest, and all Contest material, is © 2012 by Local TV LLC. All rights reserved.
1. Eligibility: Entrants must be legal US residents, at least 21 years old or above, as determined by WQAD and reside in the Davenport, IA – Moline-Rock Island, IL Designated Market Area as defined by The Nielsen Company. Employees of WQAD, Local TV LLC (collectively, the “Sponsor”), the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other television or radio stations, and members of the immediate families of such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, and any other person residing at the same household whether or not related. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Contest Period: The Contest begins on Tuesday, June 19, 2012 at 5:00 a.m. and ends on Sunday, July 8, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period.
3. Contest Entry: To enter the Contest, viewers must fill out the form located in the contest section of WQAD.COM. 5 finalists will be selected by a panel of judges from all eligible entries on or about July 9, 2012. Viewers will have from July 23 – 27, 2012 at 11:59:59 p.m. to vote for the final winner. One vote per day per email address. All entries become the property of WQAD and will not be returned. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Entrants may be required to become registered users of the website and may not enter the Contest more than once. Multiple entries by means of software-generated or other automated processes will be disregarded. Only one prize per person, household, or email address allowed. Duplicate entries will not be accepted.
4. Prize: One winner will receive the following prize package valued at $13, 043.
- Use of the Stern Center including rental of the reception hall on a non-booked day in 2013 or 2014., tables and seating for 150 people, good chairs and tablecloths, head table & food tables, waiters and waitress for the reception (8 people total), bridal room for the bride, and access to the Kid Zone.
- Food for the reception provided by D’Alessandro’s including food for 150 people at The Stern Center, buffet setup – Up to $12.95/person, and 1 keg of Budweiser or Bud Light from Steve’s Old Time Tap.
- A photography package from Kevin Walker Photography including wedding day photography at up to three locations Including the reception. Winner will also receive an edited DVD of their wedding images. Value $2450 (6 month prior booking required).
- An entertainment package from Kevin Walker Entertainment including a DJ --- Up to five hours of entertainment at the wedding reception complete with sound and lighting to create a once in a lifetime reception. Value $1100 (6 month prior booking required).
- $500 voucher for grooms ring from Necker's Jewelers.
- $1000 voucher for a “Hope’s Bridal collection wedding gown” from Hope's Bridal.
5. Winner Notifications: The Contest finalists will be notified by email after 12:00 p.m. on 7/13/12. Final grand prize winner will be notified by email after 12:00 p.m. on 7/30/12. Winners must have a valid email address where they can be notified, or Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another winner.
6. Prize Acceptance/Restrictions: Only one (1) winner per household. Winners are subject to verification by WQAD of the winner’s name, age, address, phone number, and Social Security number (where the prize value is equal to or greater than $600.00). In order to claim his or her prize, each winner must appear in person at the business offices of WQAD, located at 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, IL. Winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability and Publicity. Failure to do so will disqualify the winner. No entries from individuals under the age of 18 will be accepted. If a winner is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize at all. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or substituted for any other items by any winner. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferrable. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a comparable prize of like or greater value, including cash, for any prize, for any reason. Costs of transportation and accommodations, where applicable, are the sole responsibility of the winners.
7. Publicity Release: By participating in the Contest, each entrant acknowledges that his/her entry in the Contest constitutes that entrant’s consent to use, publish, reproduce and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each winner’s name, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
8. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer: Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. Sponsor is not responsible for mechanical, technical, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions, or failures of any kind, including failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed transmission of entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest if it becomes technically corrupted.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT, OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR ANY OTHER CONTEST.
9. Taxes: Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to WQAD, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. All taxes, including federal, state, and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Any person winning over $600.00 in total prizes will receive a 1099 form from Sponsor at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form should be filed with the IRS. Each winner must provide Sponsor with valid identification, and a valid taxpayer identification number or Social Security number for total prizes valued at $600.00 or more, before any prize will be awarded.
10. Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion hereof, or to disqualify any individual implicated in any of the following actions, if for any reason: (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, interruption in wireless calling devices or wireless service, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, (b) the Contest or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper processing of entries per these Rules, (c) the Contest becomes corrupted due to wireless calling service interruption for any reason, or (d) the Contest is otherwise not capable of running as planned. By entering, entrants represent that they are eligible and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules and the decisions of any judges. Any entrant who attempts to tamper with this Contest in any way or use fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest shall be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, language, activities or behavior deemed inappropriate. Sponsor and their advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for cancellations, postponements, or delays. Other than the prizes received by the winner, no entrant shall be entitled to receive any wages, benefits, fees or other compensation whatsoever as a result of participating in the Contest. Sponsor shall have the sole discretion to administer the Contest and interpret and apply the Official Rules.
11. Indemnification/Hold Harmless: By participating, entrants agree: (a) to the Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; (b) to release, discharge, and hold harmless WQAD, Local TV, LLC, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including but not limited to death or property damage resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of a prize, or from participation in and/or entry into the Contest or any Contest-related activity and for acceptance, delivery, or use of any prize; (c) that the foregoing parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guaranty, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any prize. In consideration for his or her participation in the Contest, each entrant agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the Released Parties from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest, including attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate entry information or other errors in the printing, offering or administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize(s) and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in operation or transmission at any website, or wireless calling service, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other conditions, (ii) failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems, telephone service problems, human error, or wireless calling service, (iii) communication line, hardware and/or software failures, malfunction of phones (including wireless phones/handsets), phone lines, other communications malfunctions, unavailable network connections, cellular equipment towers, telephone systems or wireless service, (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Contest, or damage to mobile phone or other PDA device, (v) theft or destruction of, tampering with, unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries and/or entry information, or (vi) entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, and/or unintelligible (or any combination thereof). Any expenses incurred by the entrant during the application process, including but not limited to, postage are the sole responsibility of each entrant and the Sponsor will not issue reimbursement for any expenses.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
13. Choice of Law/Forum: All entrants agree, by participation in the Contest, to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts of Illinois. Illinois law shall govern this Contest, without regard Illinois’s choice of law rules. The courts of Illinois shall be the exclusive forum for any dispute regarding any Rule or activity associated with the Contest.
14. Official Rules: To request a copy of the Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WQAD, located at 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, IL, by 7/30/12. Written copies of these Rules are also available during normal business hours Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5p.m. at WQAD’s business offices or online at www.wqad.com.
15. Names of Winners: For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WQAD, located at 3003 Park 16th Street, Moline, IL, or appear in person at that location between normal business hours Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5p.m. after 7/30/12.
16. Compliance with Law: The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Sponsor shall follow the applicable laws for conducting Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.